Monday, March 14, 2005

Hail ! The Spring (and delays)

After a cold and dreary few weeks the weather is warming up again. This week should really feel like the first week of spring as temperatures climb towards 12c or so. So what better way to start the week than with a serious delay and juicy lie.

The delay hit me this morning. Five minutes after boarding my train we stopped near Rayners Lane and stayed there. For thirty minutes. "Points failure at Rayners Lane", we were told and although I usually very sceptical about the bog-standard Tube excuses, I think this one might have got it right.

The lie was on Transport for London's website. They posted a notice saying that no trains were running between Uxbridge and South Harrow, effective 8:52am. But my train finally left Rayners Lane for South Harrow at 9:15.

So hey ho for the joys of spring and another refund claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment