Sunday, July 10, 2022

No Place On The Sofa

Here is an update to my recent posting about the approach to discuss my published work on "SkyTV". This message came in today:

 

 Hi Anthony, thanks for your interest. Pls this come with a small fee, please have a look at the offer available and come back to me and we can talk, thanks; https://www.myeverywomantv.com/booksandauthorstv
Oh, a small fee. Well, I don't mind receiving a small fee, all contributions gratefully received in these difficult times, just stick it in a plain brown envelope and slide it casually into my jacket when nobody's looking, used notes preferred.

I checked the website. 

Ah. I am supposed to PAY them a small fee. £59 to have one shot on their TV channel or a chunk more to do a series.  

After I collected my senses, sipped a restorative brandy-and-water and allowed my manservant to apply cold towels to my throbbing forehead, I managed to gather sufficient strength for one final reply:


I don't think I see much point in paying you to advertise a book that has been out-of-print for 40 years. In fact, I don't see any point at all, really.

Really that should be the end of the matter. But then a series of video call requests began coming through. God, don't these people know it's a blisteringly hot Sunday and the correct thing to do today is rest, enjoy the Tour de France (or the Wimbledon men's final, if you must) and put off work until the morrow?  

No comments:

Post a Comment