Saturday, March 14, 2020

101 Things #75 - Disney Extravaganza

Followers of this series of jeers at the cherished bucket-list ideas of others will be used to the main thrust of it by now. Newcomers may be unaware that I am building a veritable encyclopedia of disdain called 101 Things I Refuse To Do Before I Die. The suggestion being vandalised today was found on the website of the clearly much-travelled Aussie on the Road.  I am not, under any circumstances, going to

Visit every Disney Park.
Every Disney Park? I have no intention of setting foot in any of them. However our standards are high here at Ramblings and so we have researched the matter in order to know just what it is we are walking away from. We have:
  •  Disneyland Resort - Los Angeles 
  • DisneyWorld - Orlando 
  • DisneyResort - Tokyo 
  • Disneyland - Paris (well, nearish to Paris)
  • Disneyland - Hong Kong 
  • Disney Resort - Shanghai 
  • Aulani, Disney Resort - Hawaii 
  • And there are four Disney Cruise Liners, (calling in at Neverland, Treasure Island, Cair Paravel in Narnia and Davey Jones' Locker, no doubt), and Adventure Club and other holidays. 
Good luck to Aussie on the Road in wading through that lot. It means travelling right round the world and spending some real money. And in each place you will encounter people wearing costumes of cartoon characters who will wave a lot, and then you can queue for yet another roller-coaster ride before queuing for an ice-cream or to see a film.

I am sure kids love it all. I am not a kid. I am not and have never been taken with Mickey Mouse or any of the stock Disney characters. I dislike intensely the way that many great children's stories, such as Alice in Wonderland, have been turned into loveable non-contentious cartoons.I don't want to walk along recreations of places when the original can be explored instead. I don't want to look at magic castles when there are plenty of stupendous examples of the real thing, here in the UK.


No comments:

Post a Comment