Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The returning from holiday syndrome

This is becoming monotonous. I go on holiday and when I return there are problems on the trains. Today there are no Piccadilly trains between Acton Town and Uxbridge because the fire brigade are investigating at Alperton. Great. I walk to Ruislip Gardens to pick up my “emergency” route, the Central. Lots of people waiting and the next train not due for another seven minutes. So that was nice and crowded by the time we reached Shepherds Bush. Where the down escalator is still not working (I was complaining about this in late July) and there is a new printed notice explaining that it is now out of action until November.

Actually I’m much calmer about this sort of thing than I used to be. I just think about New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment