Saturday, April 25, 2020

That Missing "Ten Years Ago" panel

Regular readers will note that the popular "Ten Years Ago" panel, normally displayed in the column to the right of the blog, is missing. This is because I am no longer able to update it. The Save button on the form used to identify which posting is to go in the panel does not work.

I have sought for help online without success, since Google's standard method of dealing with questions that they cannot answer is to mark them as closed and locked.

I thought "Ah-ha - I shall delete the gadget and recreate it." Well, the deleting part worked just fine. But the recreation failed with the same problem - it refused to allow anything to happen when I tried to save it to the design and therefore it no longer displays at all.

If it proves possible to restore this feature I shall do so. Meanwhile, feel free to exercise your own skill and judgement by using the Blog Archive panel to browse the rich history of this site.

Update 26 April.
I learn that I am not alone with this problem and others are equally frustrated at being unable to maintain their blogs. Perhaps there will be a solution.

Update to the update 28 April
It's been fixed. Ten Years Ago is back in its rightful slot. Thank you, Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment